Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tuberose causes a Fracas


Last night after work we stopped at Sephora and I rolled on some Fracas on the top of my hand. Fracas doesn't take to everyone's body chemistry, but it took to mine in a amazing way. The rest of the night I would smell the top of my hand and I would not want to take it away. Tipping my head back I would just let my lay on top of my nose and the hand would seem to just melt. Fracas has been described as a buttery tuberose and it seems out of the class of tuberose scents, this fragrance the sexiest. It is not a mere floral.

Diana Rigg, Marilyn Monroe, Marlene Dietrich, Princess Caroline of Monaco, Dita Von Teese, Martha Stewart (?!?), Madonna, and Iman are among the women who have worn the perfume.

I do want to try other tuberose fragrances just for kicks: Carnal Flower, Saks Fifth Avenue for Her, Tubéreuse by Caron, Tuberuse Couture 17 by Parfumerie Generale, Guerlain Bois d’Armenie, Vintage Lanvin Rumeur, Annick Goutal Tubereuse, Balenciaga Quadrille, Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger.

So I have been thinking of turning our guest room into a boudoir/tea room/parlor. Our guest room already has a vintage feel with a vanity with a circular mirror and ancestor photos from as far back as 1870s. I am lobbying hard to get the old television and stereo out and replace it with antique seating we have in storage. Since the room has a window facing east we can put indoor fragrant plants like a fragrant miniature rose, tuberose, and lily of the valley in the room.

No comments: