I adore this marble, jade, and Calcite crystal Kuan Yin statue. Kuan Yin has a special significance for me as she is the goddess of family, fertility, compassion, and mercy. I love what she symbolizes and we do have her in our home already, but you cannot have enough Kuan Yin because she takes away negative energy. She is water, she is life.
Great Compassion Mantra
Instructions on how to practice the Great Compassion Mantra (Da Bei Zhow) of Kwan Yin
By Vajra Regent DongShan Wu-Tsen
1. Light incense and place beside shrine;
2. Prostrate 3 times to Kwan Yin;
3. Offer one (or more) glass (es) of water which Kwan Yin will bless;
4. Invite Kwan Yin to come to you and appear;
5. Bring the palms of your hands together in the prayer-mudra;
6. Invite all the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas to come and be present.
7. Recite the following chant:
Lu Shian dza zo,
Fa Je Mung Shin,
Dzu Fo Haj Whey Shi Yao Wen,
Swey Tsu Dje Shang Yun,
Tsong Yi Fong Yin,
Dzu Fo Shien Chuan Song.
Na Mo Shian Yun Gai Pu Sa Mo Ko Sa. (3 times)
8. Recite the following lines to purify your speech and apologize for the pronunciation errors made by you during this practice:
An Sho Li Sho Lie, Mo Ho Sho Li, Sho Sho Li, Sa Po Ho (So Ha).
9. Recite the Kwan Yin Great Compassion Mantra 3, 5, 7, 21, 49 or 108 times.
10. Recite the short mantra 10 times:
Na Mo Kwan Yin Boddhisattva.
11. Finally, drink the water blessed by Kwan Yin. This water now has healing powers.
12. Dedicate this practice of the Kwan Yin Great compassion Mantra to the benefit and enlightenment of all beings.