Thursday, February 1, 2007

Goodbye Molly




I named my cat after her, since I was reading her book, "Molly Ivins Can't Say That, Can She?" at the time.

Molly was unapologetically liberal. She was funny, brutally honest, folksy, and had a lot of heart. She was a woman and a political pundit/reporter. It was a joy to read what was on her mind. It makes me sad that she passed away -- that her wonderfully gutsy voice is forever silenced.

I will always remember her hilarious Ross Perot stories from when she covered him in her home state. When I read "Shrub : The Short but Happy Political Life of George W. Bush" she really did sum up the man who was to become our president as a man whose life was checkered with failure only to have his father and his friends bail him out time after time. We were warned.

Molly, you will be missed.

No comments: