Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Primary Schmimary Part Deux

I am happy Hillary pulled off a win last night in New Hampshire. This is not because I am a big supporter, but because I wanted to humble the mainstream media for unfairly manipulating the race. I am not sure if humbling is possible, but at least it pops the bubble and forces all candidates to not get giddy with confidence. My feelings stem from an annoyance of so-called front-runners because they tend to feel confident enough to not show up to debates or not do any real campaigning to earn votes. I want all the candidates to feel that it is not over until its over.

I want an open campaign on Super Tuesday. I want them to earn my vote.

My greatest ire is over the media. Olbermann, who has been a hero in my book for his commentary over the years has disappointed me for jumping into the Obama-love-fest manipulation. He and the rest of the media stooges said it was all over for Hillary before 99 percent of Americans even voted. You guys don't get to decide that, we get to decide who is going to be president. I am thinking that New Hampshire voters were making this point last night more than it was a statement about any of the candidates. If the media keeps doing this to Hillary, I may even start working for her -- just to spite them all.

It will be cool if Edwards wins South Carolina. Then everyone enters California without any sense of mandate.

No comments: